Our justice system is a treasured institution that creates, upholds and protects the public and the democratic principles on which our country was founded. From hosting community dialogues to reforming laws and policy, the Council for Court Excellence works to educate residents and to improve the administration of justice in the DC community.
What We’re Doing Now
- We are . . . helping children in the justice system
- We are . . . improving efficiency and effectiveness of civil justice
- We are . . . educating our community about the justice system
- We are . . . building better solutions for criminal justice
See our 2012-2016 long range program plan to learn more about our forward-looking focus to build solutions for better justice in the Washington, DC community.
What We’ve Accomplished
- We have . . . promoted jury service and led jury system reforms
- We have . . . crafted improvements in civil justice
- We have . . . brought transparency to the juvenile justice and child welfare systems
- We have . . . distributed more than 350,000 community education booklets